Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Red, White and Cream Color Challenge

Melissa Phillips is hosting a color challenge based on this photo obtained from yet another great blog The Creative Mint.


I've been a fan of Melissa's for a long time.  LilyBean's Paperie was one of the first creative based blogs I started reading on a regular basis.  I love the colors of red, white and cream so I was definitely up for the challenge especially since it meant I could also get a few of my Valentines completed as well. 

Here is a group photo of the cards I came up with based on the red, cream and white photo collage:












And here are the individual cards: 
















 


















 





To complete the French theme I cut the Sizzix leaf shape from a French book page. 

Products: My Mind's Eye Laundry Line patterned paper, Prima flower, Pink Paislee label, Papertrey Ink button, Sizzix diecut, Cuttlebug embossing folder, Hobby Lobby pearls









































Products: Making Memories journaling page and stickpin, Prima flower and Say it With pearls, Maya Road stickpin, Shabby Green Door and Crate paper patterned paper, Pink Paislee stamp, Versafine Crimson Red ink, Doodlebug trim, Papertry Ink buttons, Sizzix diecut and Martha Stewart border punch.



































Products: My Mind's Eye Laundry Line patterned paper, Prima flower, Maya Road stickpins, Pink Paislee stamp, Versafine Crimson Red ink, Papertrey Ink buttons, Martha Stewart baker's twine, Sizzix diecut, Cuttlebug folder

While I had all my red, cream and white products out I also made a scrapbook page for my heritage album.  This is my cousin Susan as a little girl and is my very favorite photo of her.  It's hard to tell in the photo but her dress material has hearts on it which goes along with the Valentine theme of the day.  I will add some journaling later as soon as I figure out her age in the photo!  If any of my relatives pop in, leave me a message about what you know about the photo! 



































Products: Shabby Green Door patterned paper, Jenni Bowlin journaling block, American Crafts thickers, Melissa Frances crepe paper, Prima bird, Queen & Co brad, Sizzix diecut

As always, thank you for stopping by.

4 comments:

  1. I love this color combination and your cards are stunningly gorgeous as always. What a great way to start a day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SUPER cute! I just love the colors and your cards. The layout is so totally NancyT. I've missed seeing your work. :) TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one of my favorite color combos too. Your cards are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my! i love so many of your cards!!
    I also love red white and cream, but have never tried the combination before on a card, now that you have inspired me I have to give it a go soon!

    Keep up the fantastic work!
    And thanks for the inspiration.

    Hugs Nina x

    ReplyDelete