Monday, April 19, 2010

April Showers

No actual showers here in Alabama. It's an incredibly beautiful and sunny spring day. The April Showers title represents the theme of today's card for My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club

I stamped the MFT Pure Innocence My Umbrella stamp with Memento ink onto Prism Simply Smooth Cardstock and colored her with Copic markers.  I then cut out the image, discarding the umbrella portion so I could substitute the Making Memories Flutter felt sticker.  A couple of ideas to note.  I tried something a bit different for the skin tone.  I colored with only one color (E02) and then used my blender pen to lighten it up in areas.  Also, the thread in the button was orginally a natural color so I used RV17 to change it to better fit my color scheme.   






















Products: My Favorite Things Pure Innocence stamp, Making Memories pp, chipboard button and felt stickers, Bazzill Basics and Papertrey Ink cs, Prima pearls, May Arts silk ribbon, Cuttlebug embossing folders, Fiskars and Martha Stewart border punches

Copic Markers: Skin - E02, 0, R20; Hair - Y21, Y23, Y26; Raincoat - BG10, BG72; Pockets & Boots - RV34, RV17

As always, thank you for stopping by.

1 comment:

  1. I love this card! Your papers and layout are fantastic, but my favorite thing has to be the felt umbrella! It is just gorgeous! Thanks for playing along this week with MFT's WSC!

    ReplyDelete