Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Two for Tuesday

I am still working on Christmas cards and hope to do a weekly post featuring them from now until December. With the realization that my cards tend to the more on the feminine side, I decided I needed some that were a bit more masculine for my husband's bachelor friends.  I really reached back for some older product for these, which I have to say, feels great to do so.  I've had the Hero Arts Large Reindeer stamp for a while.  I remember looking for this stamp everywhere several years ago but couldn't find it.  An internet friend found it at one of her local stamp stores and sent it to me.  Oh those were the days! 

I followed this week's Sketch for You to Try for this card.  I decided to make it into a square so more of the reindeer pattern in the Basic Grey background paper would show.  I stamped the image onto PTI cardstock with Versamark ink and then heat embossed it with a bronze gold embossing powder.  After cutting out the image with a Spellbinders Nestabilities (not cutting the back legs so they would kick out beyond the circle background) I inked the edges while it was still in the die.  I added a white pom-pom for the tail and a red one for the nose since I am sure he is Rudolph.  Although knowing Don's friends, I suppose he could be Blitzen! 


While I had Rudy out, I made a second card using the same Versamark/embossing powder combination.


Products: Hero Arts stamp, Basic Grey and Carolee's Adornit pp, PTI cs, button and scallop die, Heather Bailey felt, Creative Imaginations epoxy tree, May Arts ribbon, Martha Stewart punch, Spellbinders Nestabilities


Have a great day.  As always, thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Love the reindeer. Very nice cards that would be good for anyone. Though I can see why you might not want to be sending the MME cards(my favorites) to bachelors, lol.

    ReplyDelete