Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The Best Gift

Now that the long weekend is over, it's time to get back to normal. I'm actually looking forward to some normalcy around here.

Today's card is my first 2011 Christmas card. I got started on last year's cards in July and by the first week or two in December I had all of them completed. It isn't exactly going to be Christmas in July around the blog but you will definitely start seeing them more often.

I combined a favorite stamp company My Favorite Things with some of my favorite Christmas paper from last year, The Girl's Paperie. I've had this Pure Innocence "Don't Open Until" stamp since last fall so it was good to finally get it inked and colored up. I used this week's My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club (MFTWSC26) sketch for the general layout. I converted the sketch to portrait rather than landscape and when I did that I wound up having to shift some elements around a bit.  


Products: My Favorite Things stamp and Die-namics, The Girl's Paperie dp, PTI button and cs, May Arts ribbon, Spellbinders Nestabilities, Copic Markers

Copics: Skin-E000, E00, E11, R20; Hair-E30, E31, E35, E25; Dress-B91, B93, B95; Package-R24, R27, R29, G20, YG93, G82; Grass-G40, G82, G85; Shadows-B0000

Thanks for stopping by. I'll be back tomorrow with an All That Scraps challenge card.

1 comment:

  1. Awww, this is so cute Nancy! I love the Girl's Paperie papers with the sweet PI girl! The flower looks amazing, awesome card!

    ReplyDelete