Sunday, July 1, 2012

Christmas in July 1 - A Holly Jolly Christmas

Despite the fact that it is hot as blazes outside, I have decided to do another Christmas in July this year. I skipped last summer thinking that design team work would help me get my cards completed instead. It helped but in the long run wasn't enough and I wound up frantically making additional cards in December. At that point it was a chore and no longer a creative outlet. So expect to see Christmas cards on the blog this month in between design team assignments.

My goal is to complete at least 15 by the end of July. So let's get started! Today's card features a digital Whimsie Doodles image, Santa Express. It was coloring intensive but I would definitely use it again. I wanted it to look as though Santa was flying through the night sky on Christmas Eve. I used a couple of Papertrey Ink and Memory box dies to create the snowy scene, against the October Afternoon patterned paper for the sky. I think I will be making more of the A10 size cards as I really like it. The sentiment was from the C.C. Designs AmyR Handy Christmas Greetings set and it was stamped onto a cloud die cut cut with My Favorite Things Die-namics.


Christmas Card Tip of the day:  Let your stamped image shine by using a single patterned paper.

Products: Whimsie Doodles (digital) stamp, C.C. Designs sentiment stamp, October Afternoon dp, My Favorite Things Die-namics, Papertrey Ink dies, Memory Box die, Copic Markers
Copics: Reindeer-E53, E55, E57, R22, C00, C1, C3, C5, C7,  E0, E41, E42; Toy bag-YG21, YG23, YG25; Santa/Sleigh-E0000, E00, E11, R20, W00, E81,R22, R24, R27, N1, N5, N7, YG61, YG63, YG67, C00, C1, C3; Snow-G0000

I really hope my Christmas in July cards will inspire you to get started early too.



My sale page (with price reductions and new items).

2 comments:

  1. Oh how cute is this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is sooo delightful. Love the color of the night with wonderful stars. I don't think Santa looks very confident and those reindeer look a little on the wild side. Should the reindeer flee the sleigh so it will not weigh so much.If they all stay on and crash land, would Santa roll out becoming nothing more than a giant snow ball? Oh the problems this jolly and rather rotund elf faces every year. Bravo Santa --hold tight!!! Where would we be without you!!! wonderful card that has a wonderful story!!!!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete