I actually needed a couple of gift card holders and they had to be quick and easy as time is running out for me to get all my holiday preparations completed. I chose to use two small decorative gift bags as my base. I made a 3-D snowflake for the first one - using the Snowflake CutUps to cut three snowflakes. I scored each one down the center and then folded in half. I glued the three halves together using liquid adhesive. This allowed for a flat back and a fanning effect in the front. I cut a flourish from a sheet of American Crafts silver metallic paper using the Heart Swirl CutUps. I attached both pieces to the front of the small bag. I wrote the name of the recipient onto a small jewelry tag and tied to the flourish with white perle embroidery thread.
I changed up the second (gray) decorative bag, using the Ornaments CutUps to create the 3-D piece using the same techniques as the snowflake. I used the Heart Swirl CutUps again cutting from lime green cardstock for more contrast. I wrapped it around the ornament and then attached both to the front of the bag., threading the jewelry tag through the top of the ornament with hemp twine. A couple of sequins finished it up. Now to just get those gift cards in them!
Here are the details to the challenge:
- The first Tuesday of the month Alma will post a challenge on The Cat's Pajamas blog. The challenge will also be posted on the TCP Splitcoaststampers forum and on the TCP Facebook page.
- If you want to play along you just upload your design right on The Cat's Pajamas blog using the InLinkz button. (The challenge button will be posted on the right hand column of this blog so you don't have to search around). If you want to display your pretties on Splitcoaststampers use keyword TCPTUESDEC13.
- The Challenge will be a month-long challenge and you can play as many times as you like during that month.
- Cards and projects must have at least one Cat's Pajamas Stamp or CutUps die in the project.
- On the First Monday of the Month a winner will be chosen from the previous challenge and crowned Swanky Stamper.
- The Swanky Stamper will not only be acknowledged as the Swankiest Stamper for that month, but will also receive some of the stamps from our next release and get to play along with us at our Pajamas Party and Blog Hop. AND... They'll even get a special spot in the Gallery highlighting the project that won them the gig AND a badge to display on their blog.
- The winner will be announced the First Monday of the month on Splitcoaststampers, Facebook page and the TCP Blog.