I've been wanting a Black and Yellow paper pad for a while and when I saw the KaiserCraft Shine Bright pad I knew it was the perfect one. The addition of gray put it over the top for me. It seemed natural to pair it with the new Patterned Petals set. You can tell from the picture pile above that I made three cards using the same color scheme.
I stamped one of the large flowers onto Harvest Gold cardstock using Daffodil Delight ink for a tone on tone affect. I then cut it out with the matching die from the Petal Posies CutUps set. I attached it to the background panel decorated with a simple strip of patterned paper at the top, using dimensional tape. I stamped the sentiment directly onto the panel and then added a couple of small flowers cut with the smallest die from the 5 Petal Posies CutUps set.
You will notice that the layout is the same as the first card as well as they both have the tone on tone stamping. I used a different large flower from the set and cut it with the matching die from the 5 Petal Posies CutUps set. I mixed it up a little by using a stencil and Ranger Pumice Stone distress ink to create some background interest.
For this one I cut out the tag from the background and inserted black cardstock underneath the panel. I added a couple of strips of patterned paper to the side and then attached the tag with dimensional tape. To make the tag I first used the largest flower from the Lacy Petal Posies to emboss the tag base, then stamped the sentiment onto it. I added another tone on tone flower cut with the matching die from the Petal Posies CutUps and another cut from plain cardstock from the same set. I am entering this card in the current Tag You're It Challenge (#17).
Of course all the flowers had to be topped with the various patterned centers.
Products: The Cat's Pajamas stamps and dies, Kaisercraft dp, Bazzill, Neenah and PTI cs, Doodlebug enamel dots, Hemptique twine, Simon Says ink and stencil, Ranger Distress and Stampin' Up inks
So, don't forget about the Spring Blog Hop. You have a whole month to create something for it and a $50 gc would go a long way toward some fun new TCP stamps.