Thursday, July 1, 2010

Christmas in July

Good Morning!  I am declaring July the month that I start on Christmas cards. Maybe the thought of cooler weather will keep my mind off the unrelenting and oppressive heat here in Alabama. I have a rather large stash of Christmas papers from previous year releases and I am determined to pare that down, even if it means most of my cards will be different this year.  And I am not buying any new holiday paper(yes I will).

I stamped the image with Memento Tuxedo Black ink onto Bazzill Simply Smooth Cardstock, then colored with Copic Markers.  I cut out the image and then mounted it onto the matted circle which was cut out with Nestabilities.  I inked the edges of the snowflake circle with pink ink while it was still in the die.  The Sweet November stamp is one the stamps I won several weeks ago by participating in the All That Scraps Wednesday Challenge blog.  She is so cute with her holly leaf skirt.  I am sure you will see her on a few more of my Christmas cards this year!


I followed this weeks Sweet Sunday Sketch for the design of the card substituting the circles at the bottom with holly leaf punches.  I used two colors of Kaisercraft pearls to represent holly berries.

Products: Sweet November Stamp, October Afternoon, Pink Paislee and My Mind's Eye pp; Bazzill cs, Kaisercraft pearls, Spellbinders Nestabilities, Copic Markers

Copic Markers: Skin-E00, E02, R20; Boots,Gloves, Wing accents, Holly berries-R81, R83, R85; Holly-G40, G82, G24; Wings-C00,C1,C3; Hair-RV00, RV32, RV34; Eyes-B41, B34 

For regular readers, you will notice that I finally figured out how to widen my main column.  Expect some bigger changes hopefully by the end of the month.  Since I have been blogging regularly for six months now, I figure it is time for an upgrade. 

1 comment:

  1. I would like to exchange links with your site www.blogger.com
    Is this possible?

    ReplyDelete