Monday, September 6, 2010

Happy Labor Day!

Good morning and a Happy Labor Day to those of you in the States and Canada!  Thanks to my readers, I just found out yesterday that Canadians celebrate labour day too. 

Whether you are the stay at home mom who spends her day wiping butts and noses, the clerk at the local 7-11, a secretary, the bank president or a mechanic toiling away at the shop, you are special. And important. Since there is nothing more patriotic than someone who goes to work everyday to support their family (especially in this tough economy), I created today's card with the colors of red, white and blue.

I stamped the My Favorite Things Being Cute is What I Do with Memento Tuxedo Black ink onto Bazzill Simply Smooth cardstock. After I paper pieced her clothing there wasn't much left to color with my Copic Markers.  I followed the sketch for this week's My Favorite Things Wednesday stamp challenge.


Products: My Favorite Things stamp, Pink Paislee, Daisy Bucket, Creative Imaginations and Scenic Route patterned paper, PTI cs and buttons, Jenni Bowlin Studio star stickers, American Crafts ribbon, Quickutz label die, Kaisercraft and Making Memories pearls, Spellbinders Nestabilities, Copic Markers

Copics: Skin-E0000, E00, E02, R20; Hair-E53, E55, E57, Shoes-R32, R35, R37

Have a great day today.  I am a bit out of sorts and cranky. Thank goodness I can lose myself in crafts!  Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. What an adorable card, love the PI girls. Great job with the paper piecing! Sorry to hear you're feeling out of sorts, hope things turn around quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy - you can always tell when you have made a card! such detail, all those layers, and beautiful accents!! this card is perfectly adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Card, man when I'm "cranky" I am NOT into any kind of stampin mood at ALL... I need to get YOUR kind of cranky!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete