Wednesday, April 27, 2011

All That Scraps Wednesday Challenge - Project for the Home

If you are looking for today's Sweet November preview post, please scroll up to the top of the page.

It is time for another All That Scraps Wednesday Challenge. There is a prize being offered and in order to be eligible to win it, your project must include a stamp that is sold in the All That Scraps shop whether it is any of the wonderful in house designs or from the various other stamp companies that ATS carries. Be sure to link up your project with Mr Linky by next Tuesday at 10PM EST and only one entry per person please! Today's challenge is to "create something for your home".
I love the My Favorite Things Pure Innocence stamps and since All That Scraps carries this line I decided to get started on a project I've been thinking about for a while with this challenge. It's actually a Christmas ornament and I hope to get a bunch of these done to fill a small tree with these sweet images by the time the holiday rolls around. I stamped the My Favorite Things Snow Day image onto Copics X-Press It blending cardstock and then again onto the Echo Park pink patterned paper. I colored the image with Copics, added my paper piecing and then cut out. I cut the tree with the My Favorite Things Tree and Leaf trio Die-namics and attached both to the background panel. I used some Liquid Applique for the snowballs and added snow on the tree.  

I used a Melissa Frances resin frame that I've had for a while to complete the ornament. To protect the image, I first glued a thin piece of clear acetate to the back of the frame. In order to keep the dimensional aspect of my images,  I placed double sided tape between the acetate and the stamped piece. I attached the ribbon to the back and then finished up the ornament with a piece of linen fabric to keep everything fully protected.


Products: My Favorite Things stamp and Die-namics, Echo Park and Melissa Frances patterned paper, May Arts ribbon, Liquid Applique, Jenni Bowlin button, Copic Markers

Copics: Skin-E000, E00, E11; Hair-Y21, Y23; Scarf/Gloves/Stockings-B70, B000; Hat/Boots Trim-E40, E41

I hope you have fun with the challenge.

1 comment:

  1. Such a sweet little ornament nancy! Very inspiring:) I might just have to play along this week:)

    ReplyDelete