Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Sympathy Cards

Hello. I'm trying to wrap up 2011. We've been busy today putting away most of the Christmas decorations and taking down the main Christmas tree. I'm also packing for a trip while nursing a bad back flareup. The good news though is that it appears that I am finally over the colds I've had just about all of December.

I have a couple of cards to share. I am sure I am not alone in the cardmaking world when I say that sympathy cards are difficult to create. You want to let the recipient know how much you care about their loss but it is so hard to strike the right balance. Unfortunately I've had two occasions where I've had to send a sympathy card in the past few months.

My first card uses the bird The Cat's Pajamas The Tweetest Things stamp set. I stamped it onto the solid side of one of the MME patterned papers with white ink and then sprinkled white embossing powder and heat set it. I placed it in the matching Home Tweet Home CutUps to cut out. I combined it with the Tim Holtz Birdcage diecut. All the paper is from the My Mind's Eye Paris and Co pad which has been majorly underused.


For my second card I kept with the imagery of the bird flying free although this time I just cut it from plain white cardstock. After cutting, I used an embossing folder to add texture. All the paper is from the My Mind's Eye Lost and Found Rosy collection.



This blog is going to be pretty quiet for the remainder of the year as I will be visiting family. I am also busy working on some new release projects due early in January including Sweet November, C.C. Designs and The Cat's Pajamas.

 

4 comments:

  1. These are both so soft and beautiful! Great sympathy cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful Nancy, they are perfect!
    I'm glad you are finally over your colds and I hope your back is better so you can fully enjoy your family visit! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As the recipient of one of these lovely sympathy cards, may I say how much I loved it? So, so pretty, and I loved the symbolism of the bird flying out of its cage. Thank you, Nancy!

    ReplyDelete