Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Summer ATC Album with Decorative Box (June TCP Tuesday)


Good morning. I have a project for you today that I shared at the TCP Pajama Party over at Splitcoaststampers in May just prior to the new release. Seriously, this was my favorite TCP release!!  I thought the set fit this month's TCP challenge perfectly which is to use your embellishments and layer, layer, layer!

When I saw the new Luggage Tie CutUps I knew I wanted to use them with a Maya Road chipboard box and ATC album set that has been in my stash for a while now. Warning, this is a picture heavy post.

I started out by die-cutting  the four tags shapes and then added/cut patterned paper, some bits and baubles and stamping primarily from the new Summer Sentiments and Small Sayings sets for a summer travel theme.


I then cut the mats and bases for the ATC's, embossing the plain white panels for more interest and then attached the tags.


I added a plain white backing to each of the cards, stamping a small image from the Summer Sentiments set in the lower corner. The remainder was left plain white for journaling or small photos.


I decorated the box with various patterned papers from several summer themed 6x6 pads, using the new Glasses CutUps to attach to the front. Afterall, one needs those sunglasses in the summer.





Here are the invididual ATC's so you can get a better look at the details. I stamped the icons from the Summer Sentiments set and then repeated them with Studio Calico Wood Veneer die-cuts.


I added the row of cars which is also from the Summer Sentiments and then added a sentiment from the Small Sayings set which I cut with the matching Talk to Me Cutups.


I put together the sentiment on this starting with a sentiment from the Life's a Beach stamp set wiping away the "A" before stamping. I then replaced it with the @ sign from the Coolvetica alphabet set and "the" from Aim High set.

Created a small beach landscape by adding a strip of white sand with cardstock and then stamped a couple of beach umbrellas from the Summer Sentiments set. I then attached a sentiment from the Small Sayings set which I cut with the matching Talk to Me Cutups.


Products: The Cat's Pajamas stamps and CutUps, Bazzill Basics, Fancy Pants and Carta Bella dp, Studio Calico Wood Veneer die-cuts, Doodlebug jewel, PTI buttons, Cuttlebug embossing folder, Memento and Archival inks

Here are the details to the challenge:
  1. The first Tuesday of the month Alma will post a challenge on the Dancing in Pajamas blog. The challenge will also be posted on the TCP Splitcoaststampers forum and on the TCP Facebook page.
  2. If you want to play along you just upload your design right on Dancing in Pajamas blog using the InLinkz button. (The challenge button will be posted on the right hand column of this blog so you don't have to search around). If you want to display your pretties on Splitcoaststampers using keyword TCPTUESJune13.
  3. The Challenge will be a month-long challenge and you can play as many times as you like during that month.
  4. Cards and projects must have at least one Cat's Pajamas Stamp or CutUps die in the project.
  5. On the First Monday of the Month a winner will be chosen from the previous challenge and crowned Swanky Stamper.
  6. The Swanky Stamper will not only be acknowledged as the Swankiest Stamper for that month, but will also receive some of the stamps from our next release and get to play along with us at our Pajamas Party and Blog Hop. AND... They'll even get a special spot in the Gallery highlighting the project that won them the gig AND as snazzy badge to display on their blog.
  7. The winner will be announced the First Monday of the month on Splitcoaststampers, Facebook page and this Blog. 

My Sale Page.




2 comments:

  1. you know, I absolutely LOVE this! So cute and I love that it's a set. My personal fave tag is second one over in the top pic-with the car! And this box is to die for! LOVE :) Hope you are doing great, Nancy!

    ReplyDelete