Saturday, October 7, 2017

With Graditude {Happy World Card Making Day}

I recently commissioned a painting from a wonderful artist from my church. She finished it up for me in record time so I am popping this in the mail today.



I stamped the larger leaf twice and the smaller one once from the Altenew With Gratitude set onto watercolor card stock with Versamark ink and heat embossed them all with Egyptian gold powder. After cutting them out with the matching dies I watercolored all three with Daniel Smith watercolors. I cut the woodgrain embossed card stock with a stitched rectangle and attached the leaves in a cluster. The sentiment was stamped onto another piece and after wrapping gold thread around it several times I attached it to the card front with foam tape. This is one of those cards I have to say is prettier in real life because my camera just could not pick up the sparkles from the embossing powder. Nor is the gold thread that dark. Unfortunately it is rather dark and gloomy around here ahead of Hurricane Nate bearing down on the gulf coast.

Products: Altenew stamps and dies, Ellen Hutson, PTI and Strathmore cs, MFT die, Versamark and MFT ink, Daniel Smith Watercolors
Watercolors: Pyrrol Scarlet, Quinacridone Gold and Ultramarine Turquoise


Happy World Card Making Day!

 photo signaturecopy_zpsn7wywovz.png

No comments:

Post a Comment