Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Sweet November February Review

The Sweet November review of the February release is going on over at the All That Scraps blog today and today's card is my contribution.

I actually made this card at the same time I created the release previews. I had colored up Pine twice because I just couldn't make up my mind which way I wanted to go. So I decided to just do both. If you remember from the previews, I featured Pine in a wintery theme. But I was also drawn to a more organic/woodsy theme and this is the resulting card. I used a 12x12 sheet from the October Afternoon Campfire collection as the background, just adding a strip of woodgrain paper from My Mind's Eye. I cut two leaves from more MME paper using the C.C. Designs Leaves Cutter so Pine would have a softer place to sit. The sentiment is from the fabulous C.C. Designs Be Happy Sentiment set by AmyR. Although I used some already distressed Basic Grey paper for the sentiment, I wanted a bit more so I used my Memento Rich Cocoa pad edges to create a few more lines. The banner at the top is a pre-made item from Little Yellow Bicycle which was sized for a 12x12 scrapbook layout but I just cut it and made a few adjustments for size of the card. I still have more pieces to use on future projects.


Products: Sweet November stamp, C.C. Designs Amy R sentiment stamp, C.C. Designs Cutters, October Afternoon dp, Little Yellow Bicycle banner, Copic Markers
Copics: Skin-E000, E00, E02; Hair-E50, E51, E53; Eyes/Pinecone Hat-E30, E33, E35, E39, E29; Clothing-YG91, YG93, YG95

Be sure to check out the All That Scraps blog for more inspiration using the February release stamps and dies.

My sale page.


4 comments:

  1. OMG Nancy, I really like it. I always enjoy seeing your wonderful creations!. Great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the woodsy feel with Pine and the scene you've created is perfect Nancy, he looks very happy on the soft leafy seat you've so kindly given him! The banner is such a cool touch, love how you can take anything and make it work for whatever you are creating! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy - your PIne is the cutest critter ever! Adorable coloring and card making!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun card - love how he is sitting on the bed of leaves :)

    ReplyDelete