Tuesday, February 7, 2012

TCP Tuesday 196 - Inspiration Challenge


Good morning. Today's card is for TCP Tuesday (TCPTUES196) which is a fun inspiration challenge from our hostess, Jen.

I loved the fun, primary colors in the inspiration. I've had this cute Echo Park paper from a couple of years ago and I thought the airplane paper would be fun paired up with the parachuting bunny from the Oh Chute set. I stamped the image as per usual, paper piecing the parachute, then cutting out the bunny and parachute into two pieces. I then stamped the parachute/lines portion of the image directly onto the patterned paper background to use as a pattern. I "sewed" the stamped lines with a needle and embroidery thread giving it a 3-D effect.The sentiment is from the same set and I stamped it onto a banner piece cut with the Easy Rosettes CutUps. I sewed bright buttons onto the diagonal panel with the same embroidery thread. The felt star came from my old scrapbook stash.


Products: The Cat's Pajamas stamp and CutUps, Echo Park and My Mind's Eye dp, Doodlebug buttons, Copic Markers
Copics: E81, W00, Y11, Y13, Y15, B91, B97, B99

All the details for this TCP Tuesday challenge can be found on Alma’s blog. As always, there is potential for fame (Pick of the Litter) and/or fortune (Pick of the Week) and possibly even Swanky Stamper of the Month.


4 comments:

  1. LOL..what a terrific card! can't wait to play with these fun bright colors this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely darling, Nancy! LOVE the embroidery thread on the parachute! Awesome card....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore your choice of papers with this fun image!!!

    ReplyDelete