Tuesday, May 14, 2013

{The Cat's Pajamas Sneak Peek} Life's a Beach

 

Welcome to the first day of TCP Sneak Peeks. I hope you love this release as much as I do. I had so much fun and really felt a creative spark. I hope it shows with my projects. Today we are introducing Life's a Beach which features that big eared bunny you all know and love.

After stamping the image onto Copic X-Press It cardstock, I cut it out with a label shaped Nestie, leaving it uncolored. I stamped the umbrella portion again, colored with Copics and then attached to the image with glue at the top and then dimensional dots at the bottom to give it some lift. I used paper from Echo Park Splash and Paradise Beach pads and then added a bit of Ki Memories black and white paper. I really love this sentiment and I stamped it onto the white cardstock cut with the largest piece of the Circus Panels CutUps. I wrapped it around and secured to the inside of the card base. Some buttons and bling finished things up.


Products: The Cat's Pajamas stamps and CutUps, Echo Park dp, PTI buttons, Heidi Swapp, Kaisercraft and Doodlebug jewels, Spellbinders Nestabilities, Copic Markers
Copics: BG0000, BG000, BG53, G20, YG13, YG23

For my second project, I created a page for my journal. It is basically a journal done in a scrappy style. I find it cathartic to journal but I don't like just writing and nothing else so the Creative Journal was born. I've neglected it for far too long and really want to get back to it. I started out by cutting the actual journal page to size from a notebook style paper from my 12x12 stash, adding some notebook edges using one of the dies from the Toppers CutUps (I will cut the actual notebook holes later when I'm ready to add it to my journal notebook). I cut two tags using the new for this release Luggage Tags CutUps, one from plain lined paper and another from more decorative paper, both from the Simple Stories Urban Travel pad. I stamped the sentiment from the Life's a Beach set onto the top tag using Ranger's Archival ink and also used an older journal stamp to create some extra lines. After some short journaling, I tied the two tags together with a bit of ribbon and secured to the page. The button on the top tag acts as "doorknob" to life up to read the journaling underneath. The arrows were cut with the also new Talk to Me CutUps and I did a bit of messy stitching at the top.

Products: The Cat's Pajamas stamps and CutUps, Simple Stories dp, PTI button

So here is what you need to know:
  1. The release date is set for Tuesday, May 21
  2. The Pajama Party at Splitcoaststampers is Monday, May 20 Time: 8-10pm EST, 5-7pm PST
  3. In addition, if you're IN IT TO WIN IT, visit our Splitcoast forum and leave us some love on the IN IT TO WIN IT thread every day for an opportunity to score some TCP goodies
We will have more previews for you tomorrow and throughout the week. Be sure to check out the other Cat Pack projects using this fab new set today. The full list of today's Cat Pack participants are on the Dancing in Pajamas blog.



 

5 comments:

  1. Wonderfully done, Nancy! Love the soft blues and greens! Terrific job with all of the CutUps! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your first card is my favorite one using that adorable new stamp, LOVE that patterned paper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the card and how you colored and popped up the umbrella!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just want to slather the little bun bun in 50+ SPF! Adorable card! Love your journal page too...very creative mix of color and style!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete