TCP Tuesday for October is in full swing. Remember that even though it is a monthly challenge, you can enter as many times as you want. This month's challenge is to use no more than two embellishments on your card but no buttons, twine or gems.
I love embellishments so this was a hard one for me. Choosing to work on a masculine card helped though as I normally use a simpler style for them. The Mwah! set on the surface might seem like a strange choice for a birthday card! But zombies are huge right now and my son's favorite show is "The Walking Dead" so I decided to incorporate that theme in his birthday card. I first cut the Copics X-Press It cardstock with Spellbinders Nestabilities and then stamped the image twice both of which run off the edges of the paper. As per usual, I colored with Copic markers and then combined the image with paper from the Glitz Design Dapper Dan pad. I stamped the sentiment from Small Sayings onto a piece cut with the Talk to Me CutUps. Note my only two embellishments are a couple of My Mind's Eye enamel dots. I decorated the inside of the as well by stamping a row of zombies all the way across and then doing a bit of zombie-like alteration of the sentiment from the One Cupcake set.
Products: The Cat's Pajamas stamp and CutUps, Glitz Design dp, Spellbinders Nestabilities, Copic Markers
Copics: Skin-E41, E41, E42; Clothing-W00, E81, E84, E87, B93, B97, B99, C00, C1, C3, N3, N5, G21, G24, G28
Here are the details to the challenge:
- The first Tuesday of the month Alma will post a challenge on the Dancing in Pajamas blog. The challenge will also be posted on the TCP Splitcoaststampers forum and on the TCP Facebook page.
- If you want to play along you just upload your design right on the Dancing in Pajamas blog using the InLinkz button. (The challenge button will be posted on the right hand column of this blog so you don't have to search around). If you want to display your pretties on Splitcoaststampers use keyword TCPTUESOCT13.
- The Challenge will be a month-long challenge and you can play as many times as you like during that month.
- Cards and projects must have at least one Cat's Pajamas Stamp or CutUps die in the project.
- On the First Monday of the Month a winner will be chosen from the previous challenge and crowned Swanky Stamper.
- The Swanky Stamper will not only be acknowledged as the Swankiest Stamper for that month, but will also receive some of the stamps from our next release and get to play along with us at our Pajamas Party and Blog Hop. AND... They'll even get a special spot in the Gallery highlighting the project that won them the gig AND as snazzy badge to display on their blog.
- The winner will be announced the First Monday of the month on Splitcoaststampers, Facebook page and the TCP Blog.
My Sale Page.