Sunday, October 27, 2013

{The Cat's Pajamas Sneak Peek} Simply Holiday



Welcome to the last of the sneak peeks for the latest TCP release. Tonight is the Pajama Party and then afterwards, the release and blog hop! More about all that later.



Since I had not yet used the fabulous new Ornaments CutUps yet, I combined them with today's new stamp set Simply Holiday. In order to show the versatility of both the sentiments and the dies I decided to make three cards with three different looks.

My first card features a retro theme. I used papers from the Basic Grey 25th and Pine to cut the ornaments with the Ornaments CutUps, adding a bow at the top of each one. A strip of ornament paper at the top provided a place to anchor the ornaments which were attached with dimensional dots. The sentiment from the Simply Holiday set was stamped directly onto the background with Memento Paris Dusk ink and then colored with Copic Markers.


Products: The Cat's Pajamas stamp and CutUps, Basic Grey dp, May Arts ribbon, Memento ink, Copic Markers
Copics: G0000, G000, G00

The next card features a more contemporary look. I first cut the ornaments from patterns in last year's My Mind's Eye Winter Wonderland pad using the Ornaments CutUps and added gold metallic thread at the top of each. I cut the word Holiday with the new Celebration Toppers and after attaching to the card front, I stamped the sentiment from the Simply Holiday set just above it it using Stampin' Up Raspberry Ripple ink. I embossed the lower portion of the front with a Cuttlebug embossing folder and added a ribbon bow. Lastly, attaching the ornaments applying glue only to the two tops so they could swing out from the card base. 


Products: The Cat's Pajamas stamp and CutUps, My Mind's Eye dp, May Arts ribbon, Cuttlebug Embossing folder, Stampin' Up ink

For the last card I wanted a more elegant look. I cut out the ornaments from silver metallic paper from American Crafts using the Ornaments CutUps, topping off with metallic fibers and string from my stash. I kept the ornaments plain as I wanted the silvery paper to shine through (very pretty in person although my photography doesn't really showcase it). I stamped the sentiment from the Simply Holiday set directly onto the patterned paper background panel with Grey Flannel Memento Luxe ink, sprinkled with clear embossing powder and then heat embossed. After attaching the ornaments, I added a smattering of sequins. The patterned paper came from last year's My Mind's Eye All is Bright pad. 


Products: The Cat's Pajamas stamp and CutUps, My Mind's Eye dp, Memento Luxe ink 

Here are some details you need to know:

1. All the new stamps and dies will be released on Tuesday, October 29.


2. If you're IN IT TO WIN IT, visit the TCP Forum at Splitcoaststampers to comment and chat on the IN IT TO WIN IT thread every day for an opportunity to score some new TCP goodies.



3. The Pajama Party is tonight Monday, October 28 from 8-10pm eastern time. We will chat, play games with prizes and show you tons more projects using the new stamps and dies. Afterwards, I believe Miss Alma will open up the release a bit early for you for you to shop in the brand new website. We will have a fun blog hop starting at midnight EDT which showcase even more inspirational projects.

I hope to see you there! The full list of today's Cat Pack participants are on the The Cat's Pajamas blog.
 
Here are the products I used today:


4 comments:

  1. Love all your cards Nancy! What fun it would be too find all of those ornaments in a antique shop...just wonderful treasures too adorn someone's tree.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous Nancy! I LOVE them all, but that last card with the silver ornament is my fav!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeos cards, Nanct. Love how they are so different, bu I think my favourite is the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awe this are very Beautiful!!!!! hugs,Heidi

    ReplyDelete