Saturday, May 3, 2014

Homemade for the Holidays

It's been a crazy week around here. We were already regrouping and catching up after our vacation at the beach when the storms came complete with tornados seemingly all around us. It didn't help that the warnings came three years and a day after tornadoes ravaged our state. Everyone's nerves were on edge and my son and his family came to stay with us a couple of days because we have a basement for refuge! Things have just now gotten back to normal. Friday was the first day I've been able to get back to my craft table.

Today's card is for this week's Merry Monday Christmas Challenge( #106). I cut the gingerbread man from patterned paper using The Cat's Pajamas Man CutUps, then added a couple of buttons and and tied Hemptique cord around his neck. I attached him to a tag, adding ribbon at the top. The sentiment from The Cat's Pajamas Homemade for the Holidays set and was stamped directly onto the background with Memento Espresso Truffle ink. All the paper came from the Fancy Pants Merry Little Christmas pad.


Products: The Cat's Pajamas stamp and CutUps, Fancy Pants dp, PTI cs and buttons, American Crafts ribbon, My Mind's Eye enamel dots, Memento ink

Have a great rest of the weekend.

My Sale Page (new dies added recently).

7 comments:

  1. Super sweet card, Nancy! Love your ginger, the papers and adorable buttons! Great design too! On a personal note I know that feeling having to deal with tornado's! I lived in Joplin Missouri the year (May 2011) the tornado went thru and after seeing the destruction it really hit home for me. I'm glad you were able to offer a safe place for your son & his family. I know longer live in Missouri but I still keep my eye on my friends out there. I worry terribly when I hear severe weather in the midwest. My heart breaks for all those families affected. Stay safe! Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun gingerbread man, Nancy! A perfect die, papers and sentiment! Thanks for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great design, especially with the calendar background ... sorry to hear about the tornado storms ... good to know that everything is fine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! What a great little gingerbread man, I love him cut from the decorative paper, so different from the norm. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a unique Gingerbread Man, your card is great! So glad you joined us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these papers you've used--very creative! So glad you shared this with us at the Merry Monday challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE this!! Great papers and I love your tag! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Merry Monday.

    Deanne :)

    ReplyDelete