Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Merry & Bright

If you are a regular reader of my blog, you know that I am very behind in my Christmas card making. We have just been so busy with getting the house on the market that crafting had to take a backseat for the first 6-7 months of the year. So....I am taking a few short cuts to catch up while also using stamps that have been barely used or never before used.


I bought the Reverse Confetti Merry & Bright set last year but failed to use it so it's been languishing in my stash for a while now. To make up for that I used the same set of stamps, inks and cardstock colors along with the September Sketch For You to Try for the basic layout (with a few liberties) to create a trio of Christmas cards. I stamped the various light bulbs using Pure Poppy, Hawaiian Shores, Green Parakeet and Tuxedo Black inks and then cut out with the matching Merry & Bright die. I colored the top of each light bulb with Copics and then tied matching twine around each. I cut the three tags from white linen cardstock using the Thanks Tag die. The other pieces were cut from Smoky Slate, Pure Poppy, Hawaiian Shores and Green Parakeet cardstock using dies from the Thanks Tag, Gift Card Holder Tag and Stitched Flag Trio sets. The patterned paper panels were cut with a pierced rectangle die. I assembled each card using a a combo of glue and foam tape and then finished all with a trio of sequins.





Products: Reverse Confetti stamps and dies, Avery Elle and Lily Bee dp, PTI and Stampin' Up cs, Doodlebug sequins, The Twinery twine, MFT dies, Memento and PTI inks, Copic Markers
Copics: C00, C1, C3




So this means I have  #''s 7, 8 and 9 Christmas cards completed and as an added bonus, I used a NBUS stamp and die set.

3 comments:

  1. These cards are fabulous! The colors, layout, dies and light bulb stamp make for a great Christmas card! No wonder you made 4. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are absolutely fabulous Nancy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy these are great, this is a lovely layout and I love the tag set behind the Christmas lights. Well you sure have a few cards for Christmas made, I am still trying to start :)

    ReplyDelete