Tuesday, October 15, 2024

50 Completed and Donated

Today's three faith based cards were created for Grace Klein here in Birmingham (@grace_klein_community). This is a wonderful faith based organization that has many charitable endeavors both locally and globally. Their goal is to give out 100,000 scripture based cards this year to be included with the food, clothing and school supply boxes, etc. They want cards in bundles of 25 which is daunting to our kind of card makers but my goal is to donate 100 cards by the end of the year. If you have any questions or want to join me, please send me an email or comment on this post and I will give you the details. 


I used The Greetery Mighty Oak Botanicuts dies along with the sentiment from the Comforting Commands stamp and cut with the matching die adhered to a dark gray background. 

Products: The Greetery stamps and dies, Simon Says cs, MFT die, PTI and Ranger Distress ink

I used the same die set on the second card adhered to a lighter gray background. The sentiment is from the Stamp Simply Fear Not set. 

Products: The Greetery dies, Stamp Simply stamp, PTI and Simon Says cs, MFT die, Altenew ink


I found this tag in my card stash and in looking back on my blog discovered it was created in 2015 for a tag challenge. So that definitely gave me a much needed head start on this card. The background was created with a strip of patterned paper and an already blended paper pad. I just typed up the verse, cut out and then blended on antique linen distress ink. 

Products: Kaisercraft stamp, Lawn Fawn and Reverse Confetti dies, MFT cs,  Sunny Studios and MFT dp, Michael's Mirrored Gold cs, Ranger ink


Due to the devastation of Hurricane Helene, Grace Klein has begun shipping truck loads of relief supplies to Tennessee and North Carolina. These are people who have lost everything, family, homes, pets and their sense of security and safety. GK specifically asked for faith based cards to share along with the donations given out to those who are suffering so much. So....that meant I really needed to gear up to finish my second group of 25. I took another look at my card stash and found 9 that I could easily alter with a bible verse sentiment. That got me to 47 cards in total and these 3 represent #48, #49 and #50 of my second set of 25. 

I know these photos aren't the best but I had to photograph during a particularly gloomy day. Both sets a of 25 are probably on their way to either Tennessee or North Carolina. 

I am submitting these to the Word Art Wednesday Anything Goes - Weeks #667-668,

and also to the October Four Seasons Challenge.

photo signaturecopy_zpsn7wywovz.png

No comments:

Post a Comment