Thursday, October 14, 2010

Cookies for Santa

I won this Baby Cookie and Milk Girl stamp along with a kit of paper and embellishments from the designer Amy's sneak peeks on her A Thousand Sheets of Paper blog. Not only is Amy an awesome stamp designer but she has some mad Copic skills. I knew immediately I wanted to pair up this cutie pie with the soft colors of Webster's Pages paper. I first stamped the image onto Bazzill Simply Smooth Cardstock, colored with Copic Markers and then cut it out. I "decorated" the tree with Prima pearls and added the twill bow and flowers. I stamped the sentiment directly onto the background paper then attached the stamped image with pop dots. Easy peasy and I have yet another Christmas card completed.  


Products: C.C. Designs Sweet November stamp, Webster's pages dp, PTI sentiment stamp, cs and twill, Prima Pearls and Flowers, Ranger Stickles Copic Markers


Copics: Skin-E0000, E00, E02, R01; Hair-E50, E51, E53, E55; Gown-R00, R00, R11; Gown Trim/Milk/Plate/Shadows-W00, W1, W2; Slippers/Reindeer Pocket-BG0000, BG11, R22; Cookies-G21, G40, E44

For those of you interested, here is an update on our October house projects.  After a few days hiatus  we started on the basement Tuesday. We're breaking up this task, only working a few hours a day for two reasons. First of all, we were wearing ourselves out trying to work all day on the other tasks we've completed. Secondly, this is a big project because we have a full basement which means it's the entire footprint of our house. No worries if we skip a day here or there. Frankly, doing it this way I hear a lot less griping and grousing about it from the other half! Even though we've just really got started I already have a ton of stuff for the trash. We also have three other piles of stuff, one for donations to The Salvation Army , another for such things that need to go but the regular garbage won't pick up and another for a possible garage sale. I'm undecided on the garage sale as they are so much work plus so far the stack really isn't that much.  But I have to this coming May to decide as I will probably wait for our annual neighborhood garage sale rather than doing one by myself. I might try listing some of the larger items on Craigslist and see how that goes first. I know I am rambling a bit but I'm using my blog to hold myself accountable for things we need to do this month. Whenever I feel like stopping I just watch an episode of Hoarders!

Have a great day.

5 comments:

  1. Such soft colors; very sweet card!

    Sometimes I wish I had a basement, but if I did, I'd be in the same situation you are. I do have a garage and extra bedroom to clean out. Maybe we can motivate each other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the soft colors and the Webster's Pages paper is perfect, your tree is so pretty! You have some pretty awesome coloring skills yourself, she looks adorable and I love the lil bit of blue you've got going on this card! Fabulous Christmas card Nancy!
    And I'm really impressed on all you two have gotten done around your house! You're quite the DIY'ers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my...this is sweet as can be! And I love the pearls on the tree!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOH! This is SO darling! LOVE this image...I have been TRYING to be good and not buy more stamps, but these CC stamps are tooooo cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, how precious! I adore this!

    ReplyDelete