Monday, November 11, 2013

Thankful for You - Brother (November Sketch for You to Try)

Good morning. My husband Don asked me to make a card for his brother's fall birthday so that was the perfect opportunity to also get the November Sketch for You to Try completed. I seem to always struggle with a masculine card so a sketch at least gets me jump started.

I started out by stamping the sentiment from the Reverse Confetti Forever Fall set using Hero Arts Wet Cement ink. I wrapped some twine around the sentiment piece several times, securing with a button.  I also stamped and fussy cut out the chevron from the Reverse Confetti Arrow 'n Elements set and than added it to a circle stamped with a small PTI sentiment in Stampin' Up Baked Brown Sugar ink. I topped it off with a wood veneer star and then added a trio of them at the top of the card. The patterned paper all came from the Basic Grey Persimmon pad.





Products: Reverse Confetti stamps, Basic Grey dp, PTI sentiment and button, Hemptique twine, Studio Calico Wood Veneer stars, Spellbinders Nestabilities, Hero Arts ink, Stampin' Up ink

I like this sketch! I may have to do a Christmas version.


My sale page (new items).

1 comment: