Monday, November 25, 2013

Thanksgiving Cards

Happy Monday to you. I'm in a frenzy to get everything ready for Thanksgiving dinner and out of town family in between trips to physical therapy. It's definitely been busy around here as I'm sure it is around your house too.

I managed to get a couple of Thanksgiving cards completed this weekend which is a good thing as I need to get them in the mail asap if they are to get there on time. I used the Paper Smooches Autumn Groves stamp set and patterned paper from the Lawn Fawn Into the Woods for both. All the stamped images were fussy cut out after coloring with Copic Markers. For the first card, I used the birch tree patterned paper as my image background cut with Spellbinders Nestabilities rectangular shape. Lots of leaves, a pumpkin and the scarecrow along with the birch tree were included for an autumnal scene. 


For the second card, I cut a circle from the woodgrain patterned paper for the image background using Spellbinders Nestabilities. I stamped and colored the same scarecrow, pumpkin and leaves images as the first card except that I added the small acorn and switched out the type of tree. I placed the image scene on the card background with dimensional dots and slipped some buttons underneath. I added a sentiment from the Verve Tall Oaks set stamped onto a banner shape cut with Reverse Confetti Tag Me die set. Another banner shaped strip of patterned paper anchored with a button tied with twine finished it up.


Products: Paper Smooches stamps, Lawn Fawn dp and sequins, Verve stamp, PTI ribbon and buttons, Spellbinders Nestabilities, Copic Markers
Copics: Trees/Leaves/Pumpkin-W00, E81, W1, W2, W5, YR30, YR31, YR23, G40, YG11, G43, YR12, YR14, YR16, E31, E34, E39; Scarecrow-E000, E00, E13, R20; BG70, BG11, BG72, Y21, YR23, E35, YR30, YR31, YR23, YR12,YR14, YR16, E31, E34, E39

Thanks for stopping by.

My sale page (new items).


1 comment:

  1. These could not be any cuter!!! I LOVE how you used that set!!! :) I've always liked that set but didn't know how I would use it. Thanks for the inspiration! --- just adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete