Monday, November 28, 2016

Christmas Wreath and a Sale! {Purple Onion Designs}


The annual Purple Onion Designs Holiday sale is underway. All stamps are 25% off until December 7!


Today's card is a clean and simple one using some older stamps. I started out by smearing Versamark ink in a haphazard manner onto the Merry Background stamp. After stamping it onto white linen cardstock, I heat embossed it with silver pearl for a tone on tone look and then cut out with a stitched rectangle die. I really wanted more "blank" spots but I think I got a little carried away with the Versamark. Next time I will try masking off before inking. I then stamped the Boxwood Wreath onto Neenah cardstock and cut out with a stitched circle die, coloring with Copic markers. I matted both pieces with pure poppy cardstock. After adding a diagonal strip of pure poppy cardstock on the cardbase the image panel was attached to the embossed background with a layer of craft foam.

Products: Purple Onion Designs stamps, PTI and Neenah cs, Wow embossing powder, Lil Inker Designs dies, Versamark and MFT ink, Copic Markers
Copics: Leaves-G20, G21, G24; Bow-R20, R22, R24; Shadows-W00, E81

While you are shopping check out more fun projects on the Purple Onion Designs blog.

1 comment:

  1. Silver pearl?!! Where has this little wonder been all my [card making] life!? Nance this is just stunning!! Thanks for the tip!
    ;]

    ReplyDelete