Friday, November 25, 2016

Dachshund Through the Snow

Good morning. I hope all my USA readers had a Happy Thanksgiving. I had a delicious dinner with my aunt, sister and her family in my hometown. Unfortunately my husband had to stay home because he has a very bad cold and he didn't want to pass along his sickies.


I created a background by brushing on a soft color wash of Tumbled Glass distress ink onto a water color cardstock rectangle cut with a stitched die. A snowy hill was created with the combination of a die from the Simon Says Wavy Scallop Stitches set and the same stitched rectangle die and attached to the watercolor panel with foam tape. Snowflakes were stamped with aqua mist ink and the dog paws with stormy sea ink. The sentiment from the Lawn Fawn Happy Howlidays set was stamped directly onto the background panel using pure poppy and Black ink. I then stamped out cut out the dog, Christmas lights and reindeer hat from the Happy Howlidays set and colored with Copic markers. The tree from the Lawn Fawn Snow Day was stamped with green parakeet ink and cut out with the matching die. All the images were attached with foam tape for dimension. The panel was attached to a patterned paper background and twine tied around the top of the card finished it up.

Products: Lawn Fawn stamps and dies, Lawn Fawn dp, PTI, Ranger Watercolor and Bazzill cs, The Twinery Twine, Simon Says MFT dies, Ranger Distress, MFT, PTI and Simon Says ink, Copic Markers
Copics: Dog-E40, E41, E42, E44; Antlers-E40, E41, E42, E44, W00, W1, W2; Lights-YG0000, YG01, YG23, R20, R27

I am not a Black Friday shopper except for a bit of internet shopping. I will be spending the day decorating for Christmas instead. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment