Friday, November 5, 2010

Anything but Red and Green

I haven't been around much this week because I've been very busy.  More about that later.

Today I have a card to fit the All That Scraps Wednesdays Challenge to make a Christmas card with any colors besides red and green. I started out by printing this really cute Sweet November Penelope and Juniper digital stamp onto Bazzill Simply Smooth cardstock. I colored with Copic markers and then cut out. A combo of Flower Soft and Stickles made the fluffy trim to complete Penelope's outfit. Doesn't she look like she has her face turned up toward the snow enjoying every minute of a beautiful winter day? I loved the image the minute I saw it (available in rubber too btw) but what put it over the top was her cute little feathered friend Juniper. Which is odd because I really don't like birds in general but this cute paper version isn't going to flap its wings at me nor does it have beady little eyes! 


Products: C.C. Designs Sweet November digital stamp, Cosmo Cricket dp, My Favorite Things Die-namics, Papertrey Ink die, cs and buttons, Webster's Pages trims, May Arts ribbon, Kaisercrafts pearls, Pink Paislee glitter, Flower Soft, Ranger Stickles, Cuttlebug embossing folder, Spellbinders Nestabilities, Copic Markers

Copics: Skin-E0000, E00, E02, RV10; Hair-E51, E53, E55, E57; Bird-E50, E51; Clothing-E50, E51, BV0000, BV00, BV01, BV11

The completion of our October projects list was so satisfying that I thought I would continue on through November as well. Unfortunately most of the things to be done only I can do so we'll see how that goes. First of all, I have committed to giving my granddaughter Clara three pieces of furniture that is now in my craftroom, probably some time after Christmas. Three pieces that are full of craft supplies!  So, that means I need to do some major purging. I have needed to do it anyway so this provides me with a deadline. Some of the October projects have helped toward that end, such as the patterned paper is already purged and organized. And a ton of books and magazines that were taking up a lot of space in the craft closet are now in the hands of the recyclers. I decided to start with the closet as that is where I will need to put a lot the things that are in the furniture now. It's a lot harder than it sounds as I have it stuffed with five Iris carts, four regular wire closet shelves plus a tall Ikea shelf that contains my rubber stamps. I've been working in there a few hours at a time just about every day this week. It's one of those tasks that has to look worse before it gets better so the room looks pretty bad right now. I'm happy to report that the closet item purging is complete. It's not exactly organized at this point as I'm not sure what all is going in there yet but it's clean and there is some empty drawers and shelves ready for items. Not sure what I'm going to do with the stamps. If I had a sale here on the blog but that would mean photographs; just not sure if that is worth the time and effort. I suppose they could go in the yard sale but that would take a lot of effort too. Like that a lot more famous Southern belle Scarlett, I'll think about that tomorrow! 

Thanks for stopping by and please be patient with me as I try to get some things done around the house. Although I'm busy I will be take some time out for creativity too. Have a fantastic weekend!

4 comments:

  1. This is totally DARLING Nancy! LOVE her!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did an awesome job!!! Love your work!!! I'll be copying some of your ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so sweet and beautiful Nancy, you always have the best color combos! Your coloring is fantastic and I'm glad Juniper isn't scary like other birds!
    All the organizing you've been doing is very impressive! :)

    ReplyDelete