Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Tag-a-licous

I am a bit quirky in that my wrapped gifts have to be color coordinated plus they have to match my Christmas tree. Last year I decided that even though I used different gift wrap that all my bows had to made from the same ribbon. This year I've decided all the gift tags need to match instead of the ribbon. Yeah, I'm weird. This week's My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club challenge to create a tag provided the impetus to go ahead and get started. These were really quite easy to make, especially since I did not do any stamping or coloring on them.  I started out by creating a tag base using the same Papertrey Ink tag die for all of them. I used patterned paper scraps limiting myself to only three patterns and just started cutting the pieces at random with different metal dies. I then decorated the tags using the diecuts, buttons, bling, etc. and finished them off with a bit of ribbon at the top. Really easy and completed in one evening. Another evening and I'll have them all done.






Products: My Favorite Things Die-namics, Papertrey Ink metal dies, cardstock and buttons, Heidi Grace dp, American Crafts dp and ribbon, Kaisercraft pearls and jewels, Heidi Swapp jewels, other embellishments by Making Memories and Prima

Thanks for stopping by. Please exercise your rights as an American citizen and go vote!!!
  

5 comments:

  1. These are fabulous Nancy! I love that they are all matchy matchy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe I haven't left a comment on these yet, I've been here four times looking at them! They are fabulous Nancy, I love them and love how they are similar yet different...perfection IMO! I'd love to see your Christmas tree scene, I imagine it is GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete