Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Auburn University

Today is the last of the football related cards and features Auburn colors (see the Alabama version in yesterday's post).  I used the same My Favorite Things image but just colored a different uniform on him. I really didn't have a navy blue but after coloring with the blues I did have, I colored around the edges with a dark charcoal gray in an effort to deepen the color. I had orginally planned on putting numbers on both this one and the Alabama card; 22 for Alabama's Heisman Trophy winner last year and #2 for (hopefully) Auburn's this year. But considering the current situation at Auburn I elected to just leave both jerseys numberless. The tiger sticker came from the same sheet I used on yesterday's card. What are the odds that I would find both an elephant and a tiger when I needed them?! I did cut the tiger into two pieces and placed them separately to stretch him out. Otherwise he would have been mostly covered up by the image panel. I went digging around in my stash again and found the brads which I clustered in a group for a bit of added interest. In other words, I have no sports related embellishments so I had to improvise.


Products: My Favorite Things stamp, My Mind's Eye and October Afternoon dp, American Crafts and Queen and Co. brads, PTI button and cs, Copic Markers
Copics: Skin-E33, E35, E37, R29; Uniform-C00, C1, B93, B95, B97, N7, YR01, YR12, YR14, E99; Cleats-N5, N7, N9


It's going to be a busy few days.  the big Thanksgiving celebration then Friday is the Iron Bowl game between Alabama and Auburn.  I don't really like it being on that day because traditionally that is when I like to start my Christmas decorating. I've never been a Black Friday shopper unless I do it online so no loss there at least. Thanks for stopping by.  I would like to encourage you not to stress about the holiday - just enjoy it.

2 comments:

  1. you do a darn good job for having no sports embellishments!! I like the contrast of the cute stamped image and the realistic animal sticker. happy thanksgiving nancy and may your team win!

    ReplyDelete