Tuesday, November 23, 2010

THE University of Alabama

Today's card features my very first attempt at African-American skintones. I did a search on the internet for the most commonly used Copic marker color groupings. Unfortunately, I didn't have any of the colors mentioned so I had to figure out a color combo based on the colors I own. And of course my little football guy had to have Alabama Crimson Tide colors on his uniform. I stamped the My Favorite Things stamp onto Bazzill Simply Smooth Cardstock with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I cut the image with a Nestie and then colored with Copic Markers. The red houndstooth paper is by Jillibean Soup and the black is some older Cherry Arte. I generally followed this week's Sketch for You to Try although I made my card portrait rather than landscape. I found the Junkitz photo corners/brads in my stash and also the elephant sticker with a copyright of 2003. I'm in the process of purging and organizing my craftroom so I'm finding all sorts of things I had long forgotten.


Products: My Favorite Things stamp, PTI cs and buttons, Jilliebean Soup dp, American Crafts letter sticker, Martha Stewart grass punch, Spellbinders Nestabilities, Copic Markers

Copics: Skin-E33, E35, E37, R32; Uniform-C00, C3, C5, R27, R29, R46; Cleats-N5, N7, N9; Football-E55, E57, E51, E53

I am preparing cornbread dressing today. I'll put it uncooked in the fridge for the flavors to get mixed and mingled and then get up extra early on Thanksgiving morning to bake it before we drive to my aunt's house.  
 

4 comments:

  1. Love the Alabama football scene you've created Nancy and I think his skin tone is perfect!
    I love cornbread dressing, it wouldn't be Thanksgiving without it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did an awesome job Nancy!! I think the skin tone came out perfect! Love those photo anchors and what a great idea using the brad for the button....2 favs together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How awesome is this?!! Love what you've done here! Thanks for playing in the SFYTT challenge, too!

    ReplyDelete