Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Bottom of My Heart

Today's project is for the My Favorite Things December Guest Designer contest which is to include any kind of stitching. I am rather last minute with this but I've been suffering from a bad cold the past couple of days and just haven't felt like doing a whole lot. Sorry about the photo quality as I did not have any natural light today.

I stamped the Bottom of My Heart WTG image onto Bazzill Simply Smooth cardstock and then again onto patterned paper so I could paper piece the dress portion. The skin was colored with Copic Markers and then I trimmed the dress pieces and cut out the heart with felt, attaching all to the stamped piece. I added a few pearls for a necklace and double matted the image to give it a more presence. Once I had my main image completed, I then made my variegated flower using the MFT Die-namics Rolled Rose die.  I cut it twice with a Cuttlebug, once in cream felt and the other in hot pink felt. I snipped each one in approximately the same place and switched out the colors slightly overlapping the ends and stitching together, then rolling to form the flower as per usual. I don't think I explained that very well so I've included a photo. I've saved the second flower for a future project.


I cut the felt hearts using another MFT Heart a Plenty Die-namics combining cream, red and hot pink felt. I stitched around the largest heart and glued them together as shown. I did some additional mixed up machine stitching on the card background, assembled everything together and added a brown gingham bow and a couple of Making Memories pins.  The patterned paper is some old Love Elsie from Ki Memories.



Products: My Favorite Things stamp and Die-namics, PTI cs and felt, Ki Memories dp, Making Memories stickpins, Copic Markers

Copic Markers: E0000, E00, E02

Thanks for stopping by. 

6 comments:

  1. GEE!!! I wish my snotty nose would allow me to do something THIS Spectacular.... I cant even think that up without gooey brains!!!!! I too am SICK SICK SICK!!!! :(

    This is AWESOME!!!! SO LOVE IT NANCY!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL Nancy, I love your rose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! The felt hearts and rose are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful!! love all the layered felt Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Nancy! I love the paper pieced dress and your felt rose and hearts, great embellies! The stitching is a wonderful finishing touch! :)

    ReplyDelete