Friday, June 27, 2014

Memories

Today's card is yet  another one that I shared at the TCP Pajama Party at Splitcoaststampers on release night but not here on the blog.

This card is as close to vintage as I can get as it really isn't a style that I'm that good at. I prepared the card background with a Darice embossing folder directly on the card base. After stamping the image from the Vintage Summer set onto a newspaper print patterned paper and I then cut out with the matching Framed Up CutUps. If you look close (the flourish obscures it), I stamped the "memories" portion of the stamp again and cut out with the die, then layered it over the "summer" sentiment. The flower was created by cutting two pieces using the Petal Posies CutUps from a pink ombre patterned paper, making sure to cut one of each from the lighter and then the darker shade. I wet them, wadded them up in a ball, unrolled and then allowed to dry. After layering together, I used black pearls for the center and then attached to the card with a flourish underneath cut with the Heart Swirl CutUps. For the last step, I layered two banners together cut with the Bitty Banners CutUps and attached to the top of the card.  All the patterned paper came from the Fancy Pants As You Wish pad.


Products: The Cat's Pajamas Stamp and CutUps, Fancy Pants dp, PTI cs, Kaisercraft pearls, Darice embossing folder, Simon Says ink

Have a great weekend!

My Sale Page.


2 comments:

  1. You did an excellent job of creating this card. It is a nice combination of present day and vintage that is not seen very often. Creativity is not dependent on a strict standard. Some of the best examples of art are a mixture of styles. Your card certainly is a prime example of the beauty that is possible. Excellent job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you nailed it with this card I sense vintage...............just love your creations to bits <3

    ReplyDelete