Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Ellen Hutson July Pin-Sights Challenge - Guest Designer

I was super excited to receive an invitation to guest design for the Ellen Hutson July Pinsights Challenge! The Pin-Sights challenge is a monthly inspirational challenge based on a Pinterest Inspired photo that is located on the CLASSroom blog.



And this is the fun and festive inspiration! So many ideas went through my head on this but in the end I went with my normal clean and graphic style.


As you can see I was inspired by the festive colors and the dots. I started out by cutting a rectangular panel using a die from the My Favorite Things Wonky Stitched Rectangle Die-namics. Then using the Misti Stamping Tool, I stamped one row of dots at a time using a stamp from the Essentials by Ellen Wonky Backdrops, masking rows with washi tape as I went along. I stamped the rows using Hero Arts Pale Tomato ink, Hero Arts Soft Pool ink, Hero Arts Fresh Peach ink and Memento Dandelon ink. I shifted the stamp down ever so slightly and then stamped again with VersaMark ink and heat embossed with Ranger Clear Embossing Powder. I cut the greeting out three times using the Essentials by Ellen Brushstroke Hello Die then layered them together for added dimension. I almost stopped there but then I added a flower cut with a die from the Essentials by Ellen Wild Garden Dies and anchored with a Doodlebug Lily White Glitter Dot.


Products: Essentials by Ellen stamps and dies, Bazzill and PTI cs, Doodlebug enamel dot, My Favorite Things die, Hero Arts and Memento ink

Now it's your turn! To participate you must use Essentials by Ellen products and be inspired by the challenge graphic above.  A random challenge participant will receive a $50 gift certificate to the Ellen Hutson store. Link your projects here. Have fun and good luck!




 photo signaturecopy_zpsn7wywovz.png

3 comments:

  1. Nancy!!!! OH how happy I am to see you as the E.H. Pin Sights guest designer!! Woooo HOOOOO!! and what a darling card - that 'shift' with the clear embossing - what a great idea! Congratulations, and I cannot wait to play along!!!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on you GD gig! Love your fun and fresh card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a SWEET Card!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Design!! 😁 I was just as EXCITED to have received the invite to be a GD for this Challenge!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS Weekend!! ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete