Monday, July 3, 2017

The Best Gift of All (#christmasinjuly2017 and TCP Tuesday)

Summer is a wonderful time of the year but then again so is Christmas so I am doing a Christmas in July series. My goal is to make at least 20 cards this month but I am not going to stress over the goal. The point is to get a jump start on my Christmas cards while enjoying the process. See below on how to participate too.


It is also time for another TCP Tuesday challenge at The Cat's Pajamas. The challenge is "Christmas in July." The challenge runs through July 24th and you do not have to use a TCP product to participate. See The Cat's Pajamas blog for full details.


I first stamped the image from The Cat's Pajamas Your Gift directly onto the card base using the Misti, then slipped a piece of patterned paper over the image and stamped again. After fussy cutting out the tree I attached to the card and stamped again. So easy with the Misti! I also stamped the bunny portion onto Copic paper, colored with Copic markers and then fussy cut out. After attaching the bunny to the image, I stamped the sentiment from the same set. I added some Liquid Applique to the bunny tail for some fluffiness and used a Sakura Clear Gel pen for a bit  of sparkle on the star at the top of the tree. A trio of stars cut from gold metallic cardstock with a die from 3x3 Stars CutUps and then layered with a small snowflake cut with the Snowflake Lace Paper CutUps and an enamel dot finished up a festive card.

Products: The Cat's Pajamas stamps and dies, Doodlebug dp, PTI and Recollections cs, Doodlebug enamel dots, Marvy Uchida Liquid Applique, Sakura Gel Pen, MFT ink, Copic Markers
Copics: E50, E51, E53. W00, E81

And by the way, today is the last day for the 25% off sale. 





If you feel like joining me to get a head start on your Christmas cards, please link up below. I would love the inspiration and  promise I will stop by to take a look and comment. If you post to instagram, use #christmasinjuly2017.

 photo signaturecopy_zpsn7wywovz.png




2 comments:

  1. super cute card..love the whimsy of it all.
    tfs,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so fun!! I LOVE the little rabbit climbing to the top of that tree!! Your addition of the snowflakes over the stars is adorable.

    ReplyDelete