Sunday, March 4, 2012

A Friendly Light

Today's card is for this week's My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club sketch (MFTWSC61). I used the My Favorite Things Inspired by Lighthouses stamp set. I masked the image and then used the Cloud Border CutUps from The Cat's Pajamas as a pattern, inking around the edges in order to give the illusion of clouds in the sky. The sentiment is from the same set; however, I broke it up so it would fit on two banners. The paper is all from the My Mind's Eye On the Bright Side One pad. I kept the patterns and embellishments simple for a more masculine feel.


Products: My Favorite Things stamp, My Mind's Eye dp, The Cat's Pajamas CutUps, Linen Thread, PTI button, Copic Markers
Copics: Lighthouse/House-W00, E81, R22, R27, R29; Grass-G40, G43, G46; Cliffs-W00, W1, W2, W5; Ocean-B0000, B000, BG11, BG70, BG72

And a Sunday driveby:
  • this has not been a great week
  • Don had a friend pass away
  • one of our vehicles needed $700 in repairs
  • same vehicle needs even more work to the tune of about $900
  • Don had an MRI on his shoulder that revealed a rotator cuff tear
  • watched a Hoarders episode which prompted me to clean my fridge
  • it positively sparkles now
  • hoping for better days ahead

2 comments:

  1. This is stunning!!! Love the papers and the cloudy sky!! Wishing for a better week for you this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful!!

    Crafty Hugs!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete