Wednesday, March 27, 2013

All That Scraps Review - Bu'fly Brianny

It's review day on the All That Scraps blog and I am joining other members of the design team in showing you more projects using the March release stamps and dies. Today we are concentrating on the Sweet November line.

Since I did something different with Brianny on my preview card by not coloring her I decided to feature her with color this time. I used a paper from a Lily Bee pad against background paper from an Echo park pad and colored up Brianny to match. I brushed the lighter color across the black in order for it to bleed onto the pale yellow outer wing portion. Not normally something you would want to do and I'm not even sure it shows up in the photograph. I made sure to clean my pen thoroughly afterwards so it would not be contaminated with the black ink. I kept things fairly simple and went with my go to embellishments of ribbon, buttons and a bit of bling.


Products: Sweet November stamp, Lily Bee and Echo Park dp, Doodlebug jewels, PTI ribbon, Spellbinders Nestabilities, Copic Markers
Copics: Skin-E000, E00, E11, R20; Hair-C1, C3, C5, C7, C9; Eyes-B01, B04; Dress-G000, G12, G14, G7; Wings-BG0000, BG10, BG11, BG53, N1, N3, N5, N7, YR30, YR31; Shadows-BG0000, BG70

Check out the All That Scraps blog for more review projects.


My sale page.

4 comments:

  1. I always love your use of black, the aqua and green really pop against it! Your sprinkling of buttons and gems are such a pretty touch! Fabulous card, Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so striking with the black! Gorgeous!! What a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Nancy! What a beautiful color combo! My instinct is always to go bright, so I love seeing your creative spin on color choices! Btw, your blog is VERY aptly named! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic design and these colors are just beautiful together! Wonderfully done, Nancy! :D

    ReplyDelete