Monday, March 25, 2013

The Cat's Pajamas New Release Blog Hop and TCP Tuesday


 It is release day for The Cat's Pajamas! All seven of the new stamp sets and three gorgeous new Cutups dies are available now in The Cat's Pajamas shop.

Since it is release day that also means a blog hop. I hope you arrived here from Wendy's blog. Wendy is one of our new Cat Pack members and I am sure she had something fabulous to show you. If not, head on over to Jen's blog to start at the beginning.

My card today is pulling double duty as it is also for the March TCP Tuesday challenge which is neutrals plus one other color AND you are limited to one patterned paper and only two layers (the base doesn't count as a layer). Full details are on the Dancing in Pajamas blog as well as the link to add your project.

I created a masculine card which I plan on sending to a high school graduate in May. I made the kraft card base smaller than an A2 by cutting the short side down by a half  inch and the long side reduced by one quarter inch. I used the key in the Key to Your Heart CutUps set to cut a series of  negative keys across the card front. I then adhered a patterned paper piece inside the card which defined the keys and also added a border around three of the edges. This also put it back to A2 size. I added metal decorative brad from my stash on each of the keys. I cut the keyhole from the same set from some crimped cardstock and anchored with a button tied with linen thread. I completed the masculine look with some plain silver brads in each corner and stamped the sentiment from the Key Phrases set directly onto the background.


Products: The Cat's Pajamas stamp and CutUps, Bazzill Basics dp, Linen thread, PTI button, Making Memories brads

That's it for me. I hope you have enjoyed all the previews, chatting and the shopping! To continue the blog hop, please pop on over to Noelle's blog. Noelle is also a new member of The Cat Pack and I'm sure she has something fabulous to show you.



18 comments:

  1. great card - this is very useful set1
    Sandra ltb
    (I had problems with a few links on this hop .... one was to you.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. very creative Nancy great layout idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool card Nancy! I keep seeing a lot of great cards where people are emphasizing negative die cuts and I really need to remember to do that one of these days! I love the brads at the top of your keys...great decorative touch!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very clever...really like your color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great Masculine card. The negative key space is a great idea

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great use of this stamp and die set and nice to see a "gender neutral" card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the way you used the negative key on this card. A card I really, really like!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nancy, your creativity is awe inspiring! What a lovely, unique card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the stamp and die. Awesome use pf both.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful design, Nancy! Love how you used the negative of the diecut key and the detailed decorative brad accents.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely love how you used the negative die cuts! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great take on the key design. Loved your card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. fab card! love the key arrangement! TFS Nancy!
    have a great day
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  14. How awesome!! I love how you used the negative punch.. It really looks fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I simply love the way you used the new dies on this card, Nancy! Very creative, and I love this shade of blue! Beautifully done! :D

    ReplyDelete