Friday, March 1, 2013

Home and Heart

It is March already and I couldn't be more excited at the thought of spring just around the corner!

I've been seeing lots of well done CAS cards in my reader lately (there seems to be a class going on?) and I wanted to give it a try. Normally I like lots of layers but I resisted that this time although I did double mat my stamped image. Baby steps, right? I am also slowly coming to realization that I don't always have to color my images. WHAT?! My fellow Cat Pack teammate  Jen has some really good examples of that on her blog. This is my second project featuring the Market Street Home Sweet Home stamp set which you can see I only colored the window and chimney. A couple of fishtail banner strips in bold colors which I wrapped around to the back of the panel, a buttoned up felt heart, a tiny pearl doorknob and the sentiment stamped directly onto the background panel completed the look. Or so I thought. After staring at it for a while thinking that it needed something else, I decided to round all four corners with my WRMK corner chomper. The paper is from American Crafts Soho Garden which has quickly become a favorite 6x6 pad. I used it a lot on my Sweet November previews which start tomorrow!!


Products: Market Street Stamps, American Crafts dp, Kaisercraft pearl, PTI felt and button, My Favorite Things Die-namics, Spellbinders Nestabilities, Copic Markers
Copics: RV11, RV13, RV14, RV17

What do you think about my CAS attempt?

My sale page.

2 comments:

  1. Cute CAS card Nancy, love how you are rockin' the non-colored images lately!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you colored only the door and the chimney. Such a bold, graphic card!

    ReplyDelete