Monday, March 3, 2014

Peace, Noel

*This is my second post for the day. Please scroll down for my C.C. Designs preview*



I am guest designing for the Merry Monday Christmas Challenge blog today. This week's challenge is to add some country charm with buttons and stitching. I put up my sewing machine in December to make room for house guests so I had to drag it out for today's card. I hope my husband doesn't see it sitting there. I'm afraid he might actually want me to do some mending with it!

I stamped the stocking image from the My Favorite Things Stitched Stockings with MFT Wild Cherry ink and then cut out with the matching die and attached to a circle shape. I stamped the heart image from the same set directly onto the card background using MFT Kraft ink and then placed the circle and stocking just under it and then anchored all with a button tied with hemptique cording. I stamped the sentiment onto a strip and inserted it just underneath the stocking and added two more buttons. I thought I was through at the point but after letting it sit for a while I decided it need a little something else. I added the cluster of elements in the top corner including the star image from the same stamp set as well as another sentiment and a button. All the paper came from the Bazzill Basics Nordic Pines pad from last year. 


Products: My Favorite Things stamps, cs, dies and ink, Bazzill Basics dp, PTI cs and buttons, Hemptique cord

That's it for today. Be sure to stop by the Merry Monday Christmas Challenge blog to see all the fabulous Design Team cards. I'll be back tomorrow with another C.C. Designs preview. Thanks for stopping by!



My sale page (new items).

  

17 comments:

  1. I love this card, Nancy! I am in love with this set, used it on my card too. :) Very pretty in these colors. Great having you as Guest Designer this week! Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Country charm of your card Nancy, and all the design elements are perfect. Lovely to see you as our Guest Designer this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on being our Guest Designer this week, Nancy! Just love your card! The colors and your cute stocking gives this such a country feel and I love all the buttons & twine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous, Nancy! You've nailed the country charm theme with this gorgeous card! Congrats on your GD spot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a country keepsake. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic card Nancy, I love your take on this weeks challenge and it is great to have you as our Guest Designer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic job as Guest Designer, Nancy!! Your card is perfect for the challenge! Now, go, quick and put that machine away before he sees it!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job with your card this week. Love all the different assortment of shapes and the stocking to top it all off!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad you're our Guest Designer this week, Nancy! And you've captured country charm on this amazing card! I'm impressed that you pulled out the sewing machine! Hope you don't have to mend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the colors and design of your card, Nancy - truly a beautiful work of art! It's wonderful to have you as our Guest Designer at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card for the challenge! I like the vintage/ country look!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great card, Nancy! Those patterns are perfect and I love your color combo :) So glad you're our GD this week, nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gosh! I can see why you are our guest designer Nancy, your cards are gorgeous. I love what you have done with our challenge. I adore the DP you have used it compliments your gorgeous elements perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow Nancy! A stunning card with so many gorgeous accents! Thank you for being our Guest this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Welcome to Merry Monday challenges Nancy!!! I am in LOVE with this card - your colors are perfect and I love all the stars and rustic hearts!!! Super cute :)

    ReplyDelete