Tuesday, March 18, 2014

{The Cat's Pajamas Sneak Peek} The Puck Stops Here


Welcome to Day 2 of The Cat's Pajamas Sneak Peeks. The Puck Stops Here features our favorite bunny as a hockey player.

I created an interactive card using the new Slider CutUps. I started out by creating my "ice rink". I'll be honest and say I don't know a lot about hockey. I live in the south and it's just not that big here so I went online to look for the markings on the ice. I didn't add all of them but I did do the center lines and the goals with red and blue cardstock onto plain white cardstock. I layered a piece of vellum over it to give it an "icy" look and then cut the slider portion through both layers at a slight angle. The image was colored with Copic markers, fussy cut out and then attached to the slider.



You have to pull the tab to find the hidden message inside.


Products: The Cat's Pajamas stamp and CutUps, PTI and DCWV cs, Spellbinders Nestabilities, Copic Markers
Copics: Bunny-C00, C1, C3, W00, E81; Uniform-R22, R24, R27, B21, B23, B26; Puck/Hockey Stick-C3, C5, C7

Here are some details you need to know:

1. All the new stamps and dies will be released on Tuesday, March 25.


2. If you're IN IT TO WIN IT, visit the TCP Forum at Splitcoaststampers to comment and chat on the IN IT TO WIN IT thread every day for an opportunity to score some new TCP goodies.


3. Save the date for the Pajama Party on Monday, March 24 from 8-10pm eastern time.


Here are the other Cat Pack participants:  Kelli, Wendy, Noelle, Lori, Lisa, Jessie

These are the new TCP products I used today:





My sale page (new items).

6 comments:

  1. Clever and cute at the same time. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute cute cute!!! I love hockey so I can see this on many cards of mine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Nancy, this is such an awesome card! I honestly don't care for hockey nor do I know too many close friends or fam that do, but I think I might just have to get this set and this new slider cut up all to make the most adorable and fun slider cards ever!!! It's just so perfect for our active bunny and I absolutely love it!!! What an inspiration you are! Amazing job again today showcasing another fabulous release!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous idea for ice! I have to say that I don't know Hockey, but I love the enthusiasm! Wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the interactive hockey player! So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. sooooo fabulous, nancy. love that you used vellum to look like the ice....such a great detail.

    ReplyDelete