Friday, February 22, 2013

Fly High

I've been busy trying to get our taxes together and keep running into obstacles. To get over my grumpies about it all, I decided to hit the craft table and made a card for this week's Mojo Monday sketch (MOJO281).

I already had the Echo Park Scoot pad on my table so I decided to make a boy card. I cut out all the circles using Spellbinders Nestabilities and then when in search of ways to fill them up.  For the upper circle I allowed the image on the patterned paper be the centerpiece, simply adding a pearl for extra dimension. I then stamped the sentiment from The Cat's Pajamas Up, Up and Away set onto the center circle. I colored and then cut out the airplane from the Papertrey Ink Fly Away mini stamp set, attaching it to the bottom circle. The border was cut with The Cat's Pajamas Inside Pinking CutUps. Lastly I added the kite which was diecut with the My Favorite Things Fly a Kite Die-namics, although I did cut the pieces down a bit to make it smaller.


Products: Papertrey Ink stamp, The Cat's Pajamas sentiment stamp and CutUps, Echo Park dp, American Crafts brad, Kaisercraft pearls, My Favorite Things Die-namics, Bazzil embossing folder, Spellbinders Nestabilities, Copic Markers
Copics: W00, E81, G20, G21, G24, R22, R24, R27, B91, B95, B97, C1, C3, C5

Ok, I'm going back to work on our taxes again. Ya'll come looking for me if I don't return.


My sale page.

2 comments:

  1. Great card, my husband would love to receive it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous take on the sketch! Love that you used 3 "flying" images in 3 different mediums...die cut, patterned paper, and stamped image. Very creative!

    ReplyDelete