Saturday, February 9, 2013

Happy Birthday Ethan!

I am sure that you have heard of the recent rescue of little five year old Ethan held in an underground bunker in South Alabama for six days by a mentally ill individual. Thanks to the heroic efforts of local law enforcement and an elite FBI Rescue Hostage team, he is safe and sound and celebrated his 6th birthday last Wednesday. I made this card for him - it's a bit late - but I'm sure Ethan is okay with celebrating his birthday for a few more days.

I kept things simple with a bicycle stamp from Maya Road and then added a Studio Calico wood die-cut. The birthday sentiment is from The Cat's Pajamas Birthday Bunny set and all the paper is from a new paper pad My Mind's Eye Boy Crazy. I generally followed this week's Mojo Monday sketch (MOJO279) for the layout although I flipped it to portrait.


Products: Maya Road stamp, My Mind's Eye dp, Studio Calico wood diecut, Basic Grey button, Spellbinders Nestabilities

If you would like to send a card to Ethan, you can do so at:
Ethan
c/o NFPD
400 Headquarters St.
Napier Field, AL 36303

It does not necessarily have to be a birthday card. Be sure to include your city and state (and country if outside the USA) on your card so he will know that there are good people all over the world.

6 comments:

  1. What a great birthday card and I'm sure Ethan is gonna love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute card, luv the little bicycle charm..stop by my blog and leave a comment for your chance at winning my giveaway!

    http://paperieblooms.blogspot.com/2013/02/grateful.html

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ethan is going to love this card Nancy. What a thoughtful thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a darling card for such a special little guy! I'm sure that Ethan will love it! Wonderfully done, Nancy! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea...and such a fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cool card! Love the use of the bicycle wood die cut!

    ReplyDelete