Wednesday, October 8, 2014

C.C. Designs Review (and an announcement)

It's review time on the C.C. Designs Rubber Stamps blog and I am joining other members of the design team in showing you more projects using the October release stamps.

Using the tag from the Baggie and Tag Cutters I cut one tag from patterned paper and the second one from plain white card stock. For the plain tag, I used a very old stamp to stamp the shadow using Tim Holtz Antique Linen ink. I then used the two "merry" sentiments from the Christmas Blessing set using black and red inks. I stamped the lines by inking the edge of the smallest "merry" stamp and then stamping onto the background. I attached the two tags together with a clothespin from the Doodlebug Halloween Mini Clothespins set, slipping some Hemptique cording underneath first. After attaching the tag set to a panel cut from patterned paper from the Teresa Collins Santa's List pad, I then colored one of the penquins from the Holiday Penguins with Copic Markers and fussy cut out. I attached to the background panel with dimensional dots and added Ranger Diamond Stickles to the bell portion of the image for a bit of sparkle. I am submitting this card for the current Tag You're It #7 challenge.


Products: C.C. Designs stamps and Cutters, Lawn Fawn and Teresa Collins dp, PTI cs, Doodlebug Clothespin, Hemptique cord, MFT die, Simon Says ink, Copic Markers
Copics: C00, C1, N1, N3, N5, N7, W00, E81, R22, R24, R27, R59, Y21, Y26

My second card is also a tag based one using an image from the Vintage Winter set.  I cut the tag from Neenah Classic Crest Natural White cardstock with the tag from the Baggie and Tag Cutters. I stamped the cardinal onto it and then trimmed off the lower half. I cut another tag from some Making Memories patterned paper from my old scrapbook stash (circa 2009). After coloring the image with Copic Markers, I tied the two tags together with with May Arts ribbon anchored with a button. I added some Ranger Diamond Stickles for the "snow" portion of the image and then attached the tag combo to the card stock background. The sentiment from the Snarky Christmas set and was stamped and matted with Spellbinders Nestabilities.


Products: C.C. Designs stamps and Cutters, Making Memories dp, Neenah cs, PTI cs and button, Simon Says ink, Copic Markers
Copics: R35, R29, R59, Y11, Y15, N1, N3, N5, N7, E23, E25, E27


There are more review projects on the C.C. Designs blog.

________________________________________________

And now for the announcement. Today's post is my last as a design team member for C.C. Designs. I started out with the challenge team approximately 3 and half years ago then transitioned to the Design Team. Christine has decided to reset the team with a Design Team call. This has actually made a decision I have been struggling with for a while much easier. I will not be reapplying as I have felt for some time now that it was time for me to go. I hope you will apply for the call if you are interested. The images are adorable and fun to color. Here is the post to read about the requirements and to link up your submission.

________________________________________________





My Sale Page.


7 comments:

  1. Your tags are beautiful Nancy, I am sorry to see you leaving the team but I know you will still be gracing us with your amazing cards so happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both of your tag cards Nancy. Really cute image on that first one and I love the arrangement of the tags. Nice coloring too. Love the Cardinal on the second tag as well and also love the way you did tags. - Jim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both are wonderful but I adore that little penguin! Everything has a season and sometimes we just need to move on to let our creativity flow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, these are both wonderful! Fabulous takes on Gayatri's card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nancy, these are darling! I love the penguin guy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh , beautiful work here Nancy! I love your tag card with that darling penguin! Thanks for joining us at Tag You’re It !

    ReplyDelete
  7. A wonderful selection of cards Nancy. I wish you all the best in your future endeavours! Hugs x

    ReplyDelete