Monday, October 20, 2014

Star of Wonder

Today's card is for the October Viva la Verve Sketch Week 3 sketch.

All those circles in the sketch threw me at first. I thought of several ways to use them, finally discarded all ideas and went back to my original thought. I first cut the background panel from Bazzill Basics Textured card stock using a Lil Inker Designs Stitched rectangle. I also cut the diagonal piece from Hawaiian Shores card stock and then stamped the sentiment from the Verve Star of Wonder set. Apparently this set is retired because I couldn't find it in the Verve shop. I hope not though as it is one of my favorite sets. I cut the various stars from Hawaiian Shores, Simply Chartreuse and Poppy Red card stock scraps using the Verve Starry Die set. And since I can't seem to make a card without using some type of embellishment, I topped the stars with pearls.



Products: Verve stamp and dies, PTI and Bazzill cs, Kaisercraft pearls, Simon Says ink

Have a great week!



My Sale Page.

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful card, Nancy. Love how you've used stars for the round elements in the sketch. Also like the fresh colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so fabulous! Love the pop of colors with the neutral background.

    ReplyDelete