Monday, October 13, 2014

Keep Shining

Wow, the blog has been busy the past few days! I have yet another challenge card today. This one is for the October Viva la Verve Sketch Week 2 sketch.

I stamped the verse from the Verve Shining Star onto a white circle and then another sentiment from the same set onto gray card stock. I placed some tone on tone stars onto the sentiment piece that I cut with a piece from The Cat's Pajamas Holiday Toppers. The banner was created with The Cat's Pajamas Bitty Banners CutUps using the same gray card stock. The patterned paper came from the Doodlebug Kraft in Color pad.


Products: Verve stamps, Doodlebug dp, PTI cs, Kaisercraft jewel, The Cat's Pajamas CutUps, Simon Says cs and ink

I will be sending this to a young man who plays football for The University of Alabama. He suffered a horrible injury in a game (and was kicked in the head by an Ole Miss player while he was laying on the ground obviously in tremendous pain). He will be out for the season but it looks like he might actually be able to come back next year if he wants to play again. We are blessed to have some of the finest orthopedic surgeons in the world practicing in Birmingham and they did a fantastic job with him. I just wanted to send him a card of encouragement. I know all too well how hard physical therapy can be having been through it several times in my life. Of course it had to be in Crimson Tide colors!



My Sale Page.


1 comment:

  1. Such a beautiful card! Love the story of where it's going, too!

    ReplyDelete