Tuesday, July 1, 2014

2014 Christmas in July #1

****This is my second post for today. Please scroll down to see C.C. Designs preview post.****

I managed to skip Christmas in July last year so I think it's time to return to it. Here is the plan this year:
  1. I really want this to be about creativity so I am not setting a goal number of cards to complete. Just having fun and not stressing over a number.
  2. I am going to dig into my not-yet-used Christmas themed stamps as well as my way-too-much stash.
  3. I don't normally link to products that are not design team or company specific challenge related but I will this time around. Since I don't do videos this is my small way of sharing the process. 
  4. This won't be an all Christmas month as I will continue my design team work as well as entering other challenges. 

Now on to my first CIJ card. I created this one for the Festive Friday #34 Challenge. I cut the tree pieces from patterned paper and the star from Recollections Glitter cardstock using the Simon Says Layered Tree die set. I assembled it onto a patterned paper panel cut with a piece from the Lil Inker Designs Stitched Rectangles. I "decorated" the tree with matted Doodlebug sequins topped with jewels. The star was attached with dimensional dots. The background panel was cut from Bazzill Swiss Dot (Salt) cardstock which has been in my stash for a long time. I stamped the sentiment from the Simon Says Holiday Hellos set onto a piece cut with the C.C. Designs Scrolling Banners Cutters  using Stampin' Up Strawberry Slush ink. I completed the card with PTI and MFT buttons finished with Linen Thread, then added a jewel by each.  All the patterned paper came from the Carta Bella Merry & Bright pad. I recently re-purchased this pad. I usually struggle to use a paper pad up but I only had a few sheets left of this one. I loved it so much that I went on a cyber search to see if anyone still had it in stock and found it at Simon Says.


Products: Simon Says Stamp and Die, Carta Bella dp, Bazzill cs, PTI cs and buttons, MFT button, Doodlebug sequins,  Lil Inker Designs die, Stampin' Up ink

I hope you will will visit throughout the month to see how I'm doing with the Christmas cards. Thanks for stopping by today.


My Sale Page.


4 comments:

  1. I love all the buttons and gems on this Nancy. A great take on the inspiration. Thanks so much for playing with us at Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the rustic feel of the tone-on-tone patterns! So glad you joined us at Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable! I found you through pinterest. I love what you did with the sequins! Pretty color combo!

    ReplyDelete