Monday, July 21, 2014

Happy Bird-day

Today's clean and simple card is for the July Reverse Confetti Color Challenge. The colors of coral, aqua and lime seemed perfect to go with the new Fabulous Flamingo stamp set. I stamped the flamingo body with Stampin' Up Crisp Cantaloupe ink, the eye/beak and legs with Simon Says Black and the wing with Stampin' Up Blushing Bride. I fussy cut out the legs but used the matching Fabulous Flamingo Confetti Cuts to cut out the body and wings. I attached it to the scalloped piece cut with the Love Note die from Berrylicous cardstock and then layered it with the diagonal piece cut from white cardstock with the Pretty Panels die. I added the double hearts cut using the smaller  heart from the Love Note set from patterned paper scraps and then layered with a coral button tied with Hemptique cord. After stamping the sentiment directly onto card base, I added a scattering of sequins topped with pearls around the sentiment and the double hearts.


Products: Reverse Confetti stamps and dies, MFT cs, PTI cs and button, Teresa Collins, Lawn Fawn and Doodlebug sequins, Kaisercraft pearls, Hemptique cord, Simon Says and Stampin' Up inks

I love flamingos and never fail to take several photos of them at the zoo. Like this one:



My sale page.



9 comments:

  1. sooooo, so sweet Nancy! love how you used the colors with the beautiful flamingo and those sequins are sooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Nancy. Very simple but very well done. Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Winner winner chicken dinner :) I love this card to bits <3 cool photo as well I can not imagine seeing huge flocks of them what a sight that must be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a gorgeous card Nancy! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute is this!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I came across your card on Reverse Confetti blog's challenge entries and I just had to drop by to tell you how awesome this card is! I absolutely LOVE the colors and the whole design of the card! Sequins are a perfect addition too! The flamingo on your card is such a darling!

    ReplyDelete