Wednesday, July 9, 2014

You Make My World Go Round

Today's tag based card is for the new Tag You're It challenge.

I was drawn to the colors as well as the color strips on the inspiration tags. I started out by cutting white cardstock with the Papertrey Ink Tag #10 die. I stamped one of the images from the My Favorite Things Abstract Art from top to bottom alternating colors using My Favorite Things Wild Cherry, Berrylicous and Sour Apple inks. I then stamped the ferris wheel image and part of the sentiment from the Lawn Fawn Admit One set over the the color splashes with Simon Says Black ink. I cut the word "you" from white cardstock using the Simon Says Small Love You set and positioned it above the stamped sentiment. I adhered a button in the center of the ferris wheel and then threaded the ribbon treatment through the tag hole, tying it with Lawn Fawn twine secured with a button.


For the card I used a Lil Inker Designs Stitched Mat on the front of the card base and added a few more splashes of color to surround the tag. I also finished up the sentiment by stamping it at the bottom of the card.



Products: Lawn Fawn stamps and twine, My Favorite Things stamp and inks, PTI cs, die and buttons, American Crafts ribbon, Simons Says die and ink, Lil Inker Designs die

As always, thanks so much for stopping by!




My Sale Page.




14 comments:

  1. Nancy this is WONDERFUL! I love the tag BG you created!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute, Nancy! Love the splashes of color and how you used the tag!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this colorful tag Nancy! The strokes of color behind the tag bring it altogether! I love tag cards , simply the best! Thanks so much for joining us at Tag You’re It!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a super fun tag! Lovely colors and design :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Nancy this is really FUN, loving those swipes of vibrant color! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Tag You're It!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute tag & card. Your ribbon matches perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so beyond awesome!! Love the splashes of color and the stamp with that saying is SO COOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. really cute, love that ribbon and splashes of color!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, this is fabulous! I love your take on Virginia's tag!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely love this bright and happy tag. That abstract background is totally fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE this, Nancy! Awesome take on the tag challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome card! Thanks for playing along with the TYI challenge :)

    ReplyDelete