Wednesday, July 16, 2014

2014 Christmas in July #8

Today's card represents Christmas in July #8  using Verve's July Week 1 sketch for the layout as well as the optional color challenge of Green, Teal and Aqua. It wouldn't be a stampy Christmas without using one of my very favorite stamp companies, Verve. I really appreciate that they include faith based images and sentiments within their line.

I prepared the background by cutting three strips from three different colors of American Crafts Glitter paper and secured them to the plain white cardstock background. I stamped the Verve Joy to the World image onto Copics X-Press It cardstock cut with a piece from My Favorite Things Blueprints 3 Die-namics and then colored with Copic and Spectrum Noir markers. I attached it to the rectangular piece cut with a Lil Inker Designs Stitched Mat from My Favorite Things Sno Cone cardstock. I then stamped another sentiment from the Verve Star of Wonder set at the bottom. After cutting a tab with the My Favorite Things Mini Tabs Foursome I stamped another Verve sentiment onto it. I think both the sentiment set as well as the Star of Wonder set must be retire as I couldn't find either on the site.


It's been a long time since I've had a chance to play along with the Viva la Verve sketches and I'm hoping I can get a few more done this month.

Copics: YG0000, YG21, YG23; Spectrum Noirs-PP3, DR3



My sale page.

 

2 comments: