Tuesday, October 2, 2012

C.C. Designs Preview - Caroling Emma

I'm back with another preview of the All That Scraps stamps and dies for October. Today's card is another Christmas image from the Sugarplums line, Caroling Emma.

I tried a new technique for me - coloring in pleats when they are not pre-drawn on the image. Let's just say, I will need to work on that in the future! In addition to the new image, I used lots of other new goodies too. See that musical note strip at the top? I cut it with my favorite new border die, Music Border Cutters. A MUST have in my opinion. I did have to run it through my Big Shot a couple of extra times but so worth the extra few seconds of effort. It looks delicate but is actually quite sturdy when cut from cardstock. Another new item for this release is the Holly and Berry Cutters. I cut mine out from felt and layered onto the music element for a Christmas-y touch. And last but definitely not least, I used the new Scripted Greetings set for the sentiment. This is another set that is a must have in my humble opinion to go on the outside as well as the inside of your Christmas cards. I heat embossed the "joy" portion for a little extra shine. The paper is from the Authentique Festive Bundle 6x6 pad.


Products: C.C. Designs stamps and Cutters, Authentique dp, PTI felt and buttons, Kaisercraft pearl, Copic Markers
Copics: Skin-E000, E00, E01, E11, R20; Hair-C1, C3, C5, C7; Cloak-E40, E41, E42, E44; Bow/Gloves-R22, R24, R29; Songbook-W00, E81

This collection will be available for purchase at the All That Scraps store Friday, October 5 at 12:01 am CDT. Be sure to check out the All That Scraps blog for even more previews. 


My sale page.

5 comments:

  1. whow those new dies look absolutely amazing! very pretty card Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your pleats turned out pretty darned good! I can't wait to get my hands on all the CC Designs goodies this month - so much to play with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pleats turned out WAY better than my attempts. Very lovely card! And those new dies are going on my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a lovely Christmas card, I love the papers that you used and how you incorporated the new dies into the design! Plus, I think you did pretty darn good coloring those pleats into her dress too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So darn cute, love this image and the cute card design and new dies!

    ReplyDelete